Final audience numbers from the 2011 Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals live video broadcast have been made public. They are as follows:
– 25,032 connections to desktop and laptop PCs/Macs and internet-ready televisions
– 3512 connections to mobile devices of the live streaming video
– audience members from 73 countries watched the broadcast
– 18,954 readers of the live chat
– 19 hours 8 minutes of live broadcast time over three days
This live broadcast earned the distinction as the most-watched webcast of any kart racing event.
“Without a doubt, we are thrilled with the audience numbers from the Grand Finals,” KRN manager Michael Scott Wright stated. “It’s a humbling and a proud moment for our team, as our interactive features combined with live video have truly found an appreciative, eager audience. We faced logistical and technical challenges a-plenty, as we traveled to the other side of the world to a race track in a distant land in the United Arab Emirates. It’s the first time it’s been done for the Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals, and we’re thankful and fortunate to have been chosen to produce this live broadcast. Our sincerest thanks to BRP Powertrain for their belief in our product, to our incredible hosts at Al Ain Raceway, and to the thousands of fans who tuned in to watch this, the grandest event in all of karting.”
The 2011 Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals can be viewed on THIS PAGE.